Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm back !! I haven't posted in quite some time, but now that I am on vacation I have managed to find some time to blog again.

My topic for today will be (drumroll please)... consumerism.

What! consumerism?!

Yes.

If you have not seen this short video, then you should take about 20 minutes to watch it. Here is the link:

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

This is something that has been getting under my skin for many years now, and I am happy to see and hear that more and more of us are changing our perceptions, ideas, and ways. I believe that Canadians are leading the way in North America, but our American friends need a major epiphany to happen soon, before it is too late.

P.S. My son caught me watching the video, and chimed in that he and his class had seen it in school (grade 10). He said that it was good. Translation: that means it was thought-provoking for him, and that it had an impact. That made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment